Sports betting is one of the most popular forms of online gambling. The prospect of earning some excellent rewards from one’s prediction is something that allures many people to sports betting. When it comes to sports betting, punters are not just restricted to making predictions on a single match/game/event. Sometimes, punters can make predictions for several matches and all of these predictions will be on a single ticket! When this happens, the punter would be said to have opened and placed a parlay. A parlay in essence therefore is a series of bets/predictions for several matches placed on a single ticket.
How to Build a Parlay at BetMGM
One of the leading casinos and sportsbook in the US, BetMGM does allow its punters to create and place parlay bets. In order to do so, punters need to follow the steps outlined below:
- The first step is to visit the BetMGM website. When punters do this, they will find themselves in the casino lobby
- Once punters are redirected into the casino lobby, they will need to navigate either to the header tab or the footer tab. Here, they will need to locate the SPORTS button and click on it
- Clicking on the SPORTS button will see punters being redirected to the sportsbook section
- Once in the sportsbook section, punters will need to check the tab on the left side (for those using desktop devices) or navigate to the footer tab (for those using mobile devices) and locate the button written BETSLIP
- Clicking on the BETSLIP button will see punters being redirected to another page. On this page, punters will see the number of Live games currently in play, the number of events/games that will take place for that particular day as well as all of the upcoming events/games to be covered by BetMGM for the foreseeable future
- With the options stated above, the punter can therefore choose to create a parlay of games already in play only or upcoming events. Depending on the punter’s choice, he will need to click on the corresponding button to be redirected to the events page
- When punters are redirected to the events page, they will get to see all of the sporting disciplines whose events are being covered. Those looking to place bets on Basketball can proceed to click on Basketball while those looking to place bets on Soccer can proceed to click on Soccer. BetMGM supports a wide variety of sporting disciplines meaning players can find almost every sporting league, tournament or event they can think of
- Once players have chosen the sport that they want to place bets on, they will be asked to pick the country that has the league/tournament/event which they want to place bets on. If the player wants to place bets on the match between Manchester United and Arsenal in the English Premier League, they will therefore have to select England
- After selecting the country (and in some instances the league/tournament), punters are redirected to the betting page where all of the events are listed. By default, the betting market pre-selected is the 3-way (1×2 markets). This market entails the punter picking the team to win between the Home Team, Away Team or if the match will end in a draw. Punters however do have the discretion to select the betting market of their choice by clicking on the arrow just beside the default betting choice
- On the betting page, punters will simply need to go through the events and place their bets on the events that they want. After making all the selections, the punter will have to click once again on the BETSLIP button.
- Clicking on the BETSLIP button will see BetMGM automatically create the parlay ticket. Once the parlay ticket has been created, the punter is asked to choose his stake and place the bet
- As soon as the punter chooses his stake, he can proceed to GENERATE the ticket and thus create his parlay ticket. Once that is done, all that’s required is to wait for the matches to start to see if the parlay will return payouts or not.
BetMGM Parlay Rules
Punters who choose to create and place parlay wagers ought to bear the following in mind at all times:
- Each of the outcomes on the parlay ticket must win in order for the parlay to win.
- Any point spread tie reduces to the number of teams in the parlay.
- Football/Basketball parlays must cover both halves and quarters.
- BetMGM determines all min and max wager amounts per patron on all events.
Does BetMGM offer Pre-built Parlays
Having gone through the BetMGM website, the sportsbook at the current moment does not offer any pre-built parlays on any sport.